blog date: 
Mon, 07/16/2012 - 12:14
long description: 

When I think about the last couple days many emotions come rushing in. Something I have worked so hard for is finally becoming a reality. Words cannot express the joy that overcame me when I heard the news that I will be attending the Olympic Games in London. I will try and recap my morning for you all. It was July 3 at about 8:30 in the morning. We didn't have practice that day since we had meetings all morning to determine the 12 girls that will be making the roster. I was nervous and excited for my meeting at 10:20. I got up and did the normal routine, got dressed, ate and brushed my teeth. I had spoke with my strength coach the day before about getting in a cardio session since we wouldn't be having practice. He agreed that it would be a great idea. I arrived to the gym around 9:30 prepared to do an intense workout and man did he give me just that. I was on the spin bike doing a circuit that lasted about 20 mins.( I know it doesn't seem that long but I was tired!!) Needless to say I was dripping sweat and completely out of breath. Little did I know it was already time for me to go up for my meeting. Walking up the stairs to the coaches offices the past 12 years of my life came flashing back. I was thinking about the 1st time I stepped foot on a volleyball court. The 1st time I attempted to jump serve. The 1st ever club volleyball tryout that I almost missed out on because I was such a chicken. The 1st time I made a team. My first coaches. So many memories of hard work, sacrifice and determination came rushing in. This was my moment. As I walked into their office it was a very intimidating environment. All four coaches sat in a half circle staring at me. Now remember I was still dripping sweat, was beat red and couldn't breath. All the coaches asked me are you okay? With wide eyes of confusion... Like what just happened to you. I explained and we moved on to the meeting. Hugh proceeded to tell me that I will be apart of the 12 going to London. ( after that I kinda blacked out... Well I just kinda sat there with a smile in my face.) He then said well we don't want to stop you from getting your workout in so Congratulations and proceeded to give me a hug. I felt sorry for all the coaches for having to give me a hug as I was dripping sweat. I walked out of that meeting trying to grasp what had just happened. I was in shock that I am actually living the dream! My dream!!!! I proceeded to call all my family and friends. It wasn't until I was speaking with a family friend when it all hit me. And man did it hit me like a ton a bricks. She kept trying to talk to me but I had no response as I was a weeping mess. All that was going threw my mind was my mom. What I would give to call her and tell her I did it!! I know she would be proud but at that moment I just wanted to hear her voice!! I can just see her now doing some crazy dance of hers and jumping for joy. Oh how I miss her! This has been one incredible week and it has only just begun. I have so much to be thankful for and so many people to thank for helping me be who I am today! :). As much as I would love to celebrate this huge accomplishment there is still work to do. We have 2 more weeks of training before we head to London and 3 weeks until the big show. This is what we have all been training for and I am confident that we will be in full force when we get to London. I am so happy to be apart of this team.

Dream Big & Never Settle,

blog category: