Home Forums EVO 1/2 Marathon Training

EVO < 1/2 Marathon Training

3 posts | Latest Activity: 6 months, 2 weeks ago

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  vfobert 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

miller255
    South Windsor, CT

For as long as I can remember I have I wore Mizuno shoes for running. My boyfriend has had success with minimalast shoes (Nike Free) so I decided to do the same. He normally gets over 600 miles out of one pair of the Nike Frees—he ran track in college so I trusted his judgement.

I love running 5K races but this Summer I decided to train for a 1/2 marathon that is taking place in October 2013. I purchased these shoes after researching them and was excited when they arrived. I have been keeping track of my miles and so far I have ran 60 miles and the bottoms are worn out already. I have never been so disappointed with a Mizuno shoe. What a waste of money. :(

SethMizuno
    Everywhere!, ME

miller255 –

Feel free to e-mail me some pictures of the outsole, I’m very interested in seeing your shoes and trying to find what happened….

The Evo series is really 100% designed for a midfoot strike, and we only placed the durable carbon rubber in those areas. If you are landing in the non-high traction area, then I can see why that would wear fast.

Perhaps you would do better in a different shoe. Please shoot an e-mail to Seth@Mizunousa.com

vfobert
    Dunrobin, ON

I had the same problem with the cursoris. I am a mid to forefoot striker. I just wish the carbon rubber covered one more block on the forefront. On my second pair with only 200 km on them. Love these shoes. Not sure what else to wear instead but can’t afford to replace them every couple of months. :(

vfobert
    Dunrobin, ON

I had the same problem with the cursoris. I am a mid to forefoot striker. I just wish the carbon rubber covered one more block on the forefront. On my second pair with only 200 km on them. Love these shoes. Not sure what else to wear instead for training, but can’t afford to replace them every couple of months. :(

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Please log in to join the conversation.