MIZUNO SCORES THREE MORE GOLD MEDAL IRONS IN GOLF DIGEST’S 2012 HOT LIST
January 5, 2012
The MP-59, JPX-800 HD, and JPX-800 PRO Irons Earning Gold In All Three Iron Categories Proves Once Again That Mizuno Has A World Class Iron For Every Type Of Player
Norcross, GA – (January 5, 2012) – Mizuno, the worldwide leader in iron performance, has done it once again by scoring three more Gold Medal irons in Golf Digest’s 2012 Hot List. With the MP-59’sGold in the Player’s Iron category, the JPX-800 PROin the Game Improvement category, and the JPX-800 HDin Super Game Improvement, Mizuno now has more Gold Medal irons in their current 2012 lineup, with a total of six, than other golf iron manufacturer, including last year’s Gold Medal winners: MP-53, MP-63, and JPX-800. By winning Gold in every iron category, Mizuno has proved once again that they produce the highest performing irons for everyone from Luke Donald, the #1 Ranked Golfer in the World, to the high handicap golfer.
The MP-59 irons with revolutionary Titanium Muscle Technology were especially impressive, taking home the highest marks of any Player’s Irons in three out of the four rating categories. With regards to “Performance,” “Innovation,” and “Look, Sound, Feel” there simply was not a better iron in this year’s Hot List as far as Golf Digest’s testers were concerned. The JPX-800 HD impressed in the Super Game Improvement category as the highest rated iron for “Look, Sound, Feel”, while the JPX-800 PRO scored 4 ½ out of 5 stars in both “Performance” and “Look, Sound, Feel” and 4 out of 5 stars in “Innovation.”
“We are extremely proud to add three more Golf Digest Gold Medals to our impressive iron arsenal,” said Dick Lyons, VP and General Manager of the Golf Division, Mizuno USA. “Our Research and Development teams continue to set the standard in iron craftsmanship. With six Gold Medals across all three iron categories, we truly have an award-winning iron for golfers of all abilities and handicaps, not just the elite player.”
Here is a summary of Mizuno’s performance in Golf Digest’s 2012 “Hot List”:
Gold Medal – ‘Players’ Irons
- Highest rated in “Performance”, “Innovation,” and “Look, Sound, Feel.”
- “There’s a lot of kaboom when you hit it in the center.” –Low-Handicapper Comment
- “The balance is practically perfect, and the look is beyond compare. It’s everything your eye wants to see.” – Middle-Handicapper Comment
- “The Mizuno feel is alive and well in an iron that is packed with technology, neatly hidden in a pleasingly conventional look. The company’s Shaft Optimizer system bolsters what is already an impressive offering.” – Golf Digest “Hot” Comment
Gold Medal – ‘Game-Improvement’ Irons
- “They got the sole right. The thin bottom made it easy to work the ball even from tight lies.” - Low-Handicapper Comment
- “The topline can’t get much better. Very elegant.” – Middle-Handicapper Comment
- “The words “forgiving” and “blade” aren’t often used in the same sentence, but they apply here. This is a players iron with a little extra forgiveness that doesn’t sacrifice Mizuno’s buttery forged feel. These traits are sure to make this club popular among better players.” – Golf Digest “Hot” Comment
Gold Medal – ‘Super Game-Improvement’ Irons
- “You’ll try these because of their appearance, but you’ll buy them because of the way they perform. Easier to hit than they look.” – Middle-Handicapper Comment
- “Unmatched feel, and the hybrid alone makes the set worth getting.” – High-Handicapper Comment
- “Known for its better-player irons, Mizuno has done a nice job for high-handicappers by disguising the game-improvement features, and including hybrids that look as if they should be used for approach shots instead of off a tee.” – Golf Digest “Hot” Comment
For more information on any of these award-winning products from Mizuno, please visit www.mizunogolf.com.
Mizuno USA, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Mizuno Corporation, one of the largest specialty sporting goods manufacturers in the world. Mizuno USA, Inc. manufactures and distributes golf, baseball, softball, running, track & field, and volleyball equipment, apparel, and footwear for North America. Mizuno USA, Inc. is based in Norcross, Georgia.
# # #